Departure from Hotel: 08:30
Starting Time: 10:00
End Time: 14:30
Approximate time return to the Hotel: 16:00
Uplifting Tour of Three Religions in the Old City of Jerusalem
- The Three Religions Tour takes you through the ancient alleyways and quarters of the Old City of Jerusalem, including sites that are holy to Judaism, Christianity and Islam. During the tour we will discuss each religion from a historical, religious, and social perspective, incorporating anecdotes about the current state of affairs among the various religions.
- Church of the Holy Sepulcher, with a view of the Temple Mount from various vantage points. We will discuss the rise of Islam, its prophets and beliefs.
- We will overlook the Western Wall and visit the tomb area, which is holy to the three religions, and walk along the main street that is as busy today as it was thousands of years ago.
- Experience the diverse interpersonal fabric of people that currently live within the walls of the Old City.
- Souk (open air market), where we will see and discuss the ritual objects of the three religions, smelling the fragrance of incense in the houses of worship, and soak in Jerusalem’s spiritual atmosphere, which has become a city for three religions.
- The tour passes through main points in the Old City, including Mount Zion, King David’s Tomb (Nabi Daud Mosque) the Last Supper dining room, the compound that is holy to Jews, Christians and Muslims, the Jewish Quarter, the Hurva Synagogue, the Cardo, the heart of the Christian city Aelia Capitolina, the Muristan, and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We will explore the various streams at the compound, enjoy a view of the Temple Mount (Al Aqsa Mosque, Dome of the Rock, the Foundation Stone), understand Muhammad’s nocturnal journey, and view the Wailing Wall which is the sole remaining wall of the Holy Temple.
- All buses will stop at Ben Gurion Airport and will continue to departure point in Tel Aviv
- All groups will be led by English speaking guides
- Please dress appropriately for the holy sites
- Lunch is Included